Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing?

I'm sure some of you remember me. At one point I had a 1999 RC FR R/T. I loved it, but eventually sold it because it was time to start life. I've since gotten a wife, a house, moved half way across the country, and gotten a pretty stable job.

At this point I'm looking to get back into the game of these badass trucks. I'm looking for a 2000 RC R/T. I'd love it to be Flame Red, but honestly, 13 years later, I'm not trying to be too picky. I do need it to be a reg cab though. I've been on the hunt for maybe about 6 weeks now, and off and on before that to get a gauge of what was on the market. I'm not going to pay an outrageous price for one, modification are not necessary. $7K is my cap.

Since I'm not having a great deal of luck finding what I'm looking for, I wanted to turn to you guys, the pros, and see if you had any inside information. Thanks in advance everyone for any help you may be able to give.

CJ

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
According to your location now, you'll have somewhat of a difficult time finding an R/T up north. Plus if you find 1 up here, people think they're gold and ask WAY too much. Goodluck though, I'll keep my eyes peeled. What part of Mass are you in?

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
I remember you good luck in the search my buddy just picked up a red rc rt 2003 for 7k why are you wanting a 2000

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The true reason for a 2000 RC R/T is a very petty thing. The 2000s have the updated bell housing with the floor console combined with the center console. I know that's super petty, but for the idea I have with the overall interior, that item would be helpful.

Also, it's the last year of the old interiors. I wasn't much of a fan of the 01+ interiors. They were a little too "blocky" for me.

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Zac,

I really appreciate it. Cap for miles on the engine isn't necessarily set in stone. I guess I'd like to see less than 100K on the motor, but I'm mostly concerned about the chassis (rust, rot, damage, etc). So long as the motor runs and I can drive it back to Massachusetts, I can do everything else.

I'm looking for a clean body w/o damage/rust, clean chassis,etc. Basically, just a well taken care of truck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I remember you good luck in the search my buddy just picked up a red rc rt 2003 for 7k why are you wanting a 2000
Hmmmm you must be referring to me :D. I know of two red rc's out here besides mine. Either a 99' or 00'. I could go creep on them and leave a note to see if they wanna sell it? It works sometimes somehow!!!

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fast 4.7, that would be super. If you know of some people who may be looking to get rid of their 2000 RC R/T, I would certainly consider it.

Give them a shout and see what they say. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
CJ

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you found anything yet?

·
"The King"
467 Posts
My buddy has a 2000 reg cab black Dakota r/t that he might. It needs an engine. He took it apart to do a 408 but never completed it. It has edelbrock headers, 4bbl m1, and John Mercedes oval throttle body. The truck other than that is clean and rust free. Interior immaculate and has a rhino lined bed. I'll see if I can take some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts