Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tires that are 275/55/R17, i would like to go a little wider and with a smaller profile does anyone know anywhere i can get these tires? i would like some width of around 280-85/ 50-40 on a 17" rim. So if any one can give me a hint where i could find some id really aprreicate it!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hint: Just go to the tire rack, discount tire or virtually any other site. You can search for tires by size.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Work how? Compare the diameters with what you have and decide if that's what you want.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know how wide of tires i could get away with and performance wise. Should i go low profile and lower the truck or should i go same tires diameter and keep it at the stock ride height. what would be a better bang for my buck. are perrailis really worth it? or would the gf good wrench be a better buy and would the handcock tires out last them all. idk just maybe if anyone has any experiecne in the past with these tires.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Did you go to tire rack as suggested? They have customer reviews and they do tire test themselves.

You can firt a 295 but you may have to trim a little of the plastic inside the wheel opening.

Going lower profile is not really goin to make is lower. It is going to make it look silly beacuse you will now have tiny wheels in a large wheel opening.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
I've ran 295s on my Dakota with no problem. My buddy ran them on his truck with a 5/7 drop and barely rubbed at full lock.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
My buddy ran them on his truck with a 5/7 drop and barely rubbed at full lock.
That doesn't say much, when I was at 5/7 I lost at least a 10' diameter in my turning radius. Probably a lot more.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
We are pretty much talking apples and oranges. You are talking about a lower 2wd Dak. The OP has a 4x4 stock height Durango.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts