Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since it was at 75,000 when my dad owned my truck, it would slip every ow and then. Occasionally it got worse which was even worse during the winter...it would slip between first and second, most the time you would have to lay off the pedal, then go back on it...but once it ran for a bit, it was fine.

This year is different, it started with the ABS light, Brake light, and check engine light...speed sensor malfunction, ok easy enough, replace that....same damn thing. It is alright because it doesnt make the odometer work, so I am stuck at 178,000 miles, so another 12 years and I will have about the right mileage, but anyways...Now when I put it into drive, besides rolling a bit, it makes a thud and sits there, so I put the foot on the gas, still sits there, I have to almost floor it to move anywhere, and when I do move if I let off the pedal while at a slow speed it comes to a sudden stop.

Is it time to rebuild it? For christmas I will make about $200-$300, then my parents are giving me money to rebuild it, so hoping to get between $400 and $500. My dad knows someone that can rebuild it, with a shift kit for $450. So is it that, or am I missing something as well?

Next question, what is a good shift kit, don't care about how hard it is to install as a professional is doing it, just want the best one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts