Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbe here, and i have a 2000 rango with the 5.9 4x4 and would like to get the truck to handle great, what should i start with? it's all stock.
:huh::woot::deadhorse:

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
define handle great?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my rango handles good, but going into and out of corners i feel lots of body roll and i wanted to see if anyone had any ideas that could help.:woot::woot::huh:

·
Crown on the Rocks
1,667 Posts
stiffer sway bars. But being 4x4, taller tires tend to roll. Don't excpect a huge difference. Could lower, put bigger rims, smaller tires, full hotchkis suspension. But why have 4x4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use it for hauling/off roading. i want to lower 1.5" all around, because i have some 22" wheels for the summer look. thanks for the info on hotchkis suspension.

:banana2::banana2:

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
agreed. stiffer sway bars will reduce ur body roll.. i need some lol.. anybody know where to get some decent priced sways??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, for all the info. i love my durango, plenty of power, space and great looks.:banana2::D:drive::drive::clap2::clap2::bow:

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are all stock right now I'm sure replacing your shocks will make a huge difference! I went with Bilsteins and saw a huge improvement.:drive:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Hotchkis swaybars. A good number of people have used them. I've had them for 9 years. They just about eliminate body roll.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Hotchkis swaybars. A good number of people have used them. I've had them for 9 years. They just about eliminate body roll.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts