Dakota Durango Forum banner

Want more ac cooling

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  radioactive 
#1 ·
Howdi well my ac i felt was always not fully cold in front no matter what then i thought of my 68 olds 455 that had a manual water heater shut off valve on it so i ordered one on Amazon put it on and wolla extreme cold you can even put a cable on it to activate it so if youve tried everything and still have a prob it may be a air leaking htr box ... and thers your dinner

#2 ·
So yer saying that u put a valve on yer heater input hose and shut off the hot water circulation so the hot water doesnt cancel out the cold ac air? Seriously? I've noticed that many of the Dakota/Durangos I've looked at have had ac cooling issues. When u turn the heat on or off, doesnt that stop the hot water flow as well? I live in Title Town Tampa and never ever use the heater, since we dont have a winter season. Just summer and fall seasons. And hurricane season!

#4 ·
Cars from the 60's for sure, lots of them had a manual valve in a heater core hose. I think the manufacturers stopped that because it led to a lot of heater core failures from clogging. Keeping the coolant flowing in the core keeps sediment from settling in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.