Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im new here. I love forum sites like this. They are so packed with people who know their shit.

I just purchased a Waag brush guard off a 2000 Durango. I hope this thing fits on my 99 Dakota.

Anyone have one of these brush guards?

Maybe you would like to guide me with help as to how to put this thing on.

I see that most guards mount with brackets that sorta make a U shape from under the front valance. This one has brackets that come through the front valance and two braces that go just above the bumper.

Please help.
Thanks

·
Purple Kota
453 Posts
Yes i have a Waag grille guard on my dakota

it should fit your dakota, i believe the grille guard as made for 98-01 dak/dur

i had to order the mounting brackets and hardware due to the douche that sold me mine just gave me the guard :p

the bumber had to come off and shit like that. and we also had to alter the lower valance that attaches to the frame. due to the mounts were different on the grille guard and the brackets.

top mounting brackets are easy to install.

Call waag and order the mounting and hardware pieces if you dont have them, they should give you install directions as well.

:) good luck and post some pics after the install.

my pic below shows my waag grille guard installed :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a waag grill guard for my 2000 dakota and I never got to brackets either and I’m trying to figure out the model number so I can order some

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9 4x4 K&N drop in Exhaust cut after Trany crossmember.
23 Posts
Side note...i found a pushbar/brushguard....the one that wraps around headlights from a toyota tacoma fits body perfectly...just have to custom mount it which in itself isnt terrible...but tacos are everywhere...pics soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts