Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove around for awhile with no noises and now my rear brakes make what i can only describe as a humming noise once in awhile and it drives me nuts. does anyone know what im talking about and how i can get it to go away? thanks

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Are your calipers brand new? Mine had problems sticking and rubbing at one point, had to get new calipers.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they were used. i had them rebuilt and powdercoated

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Who rebuilt them, and did you put any type of lubricant on the slider pins that the mounting bolts are run through? Are the boots in good shape? Are your rear brakes creating a lot of heat after you drive it for a while with it making this noise?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
r and j distributing. no i didnt use any lubricant.the boots look brand new. i haven't really checked to see how hot they get in the back. i do notice that the brakes arent very good. when i really slam on the brakes im not impressed. i know somethings not right somewhere. if i get on the brakes hard the front brakes are really hot like they are working rally hard but it just doesnt stop like it should

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
It's probably your damn engine. Not pulling enough vacuum for the brakes to work properly.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was another problem that i fixed, i bought an electric vac pump. when i slam the brakes hard and get out of the truck i can smell the brakes. its like the pressure is there but the pads aren't gripping well. they are brand new r1 concepts posi-quiet pads. i have those same pads on my trailblazer ss and they are great pads so im not sure

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rotors look fine. the pads specified no brake in period. my last set of pads i did a break in procedure for them. the only thing i think it could be is the pads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts