Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vents only Blows on Defrost

Ok I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota and the Heat/AC only blows out the vents or defrost. I can reach down and by the gas switch it. Its not operated by vaccum but by a electric sensor. But the like cam or something is broke and I don't know how is put it back togather or what is missing since it was gone when i got the truck. Could someone post like a diagram or give me an idea of where i get one online. Also if anyone would happen to have this assembly Id be interested in buying it. Thanks

·
WorthySK1LLZ
12 Posts
Oh man this is wat i was looking for......I got the same exact problem please tell me how to fix it or atleast how you change the blower position

·
Registered
5 Posts
have same problem

I purchased my 02 dakota august 2007, in december when i needed heat it wouldn't swithc poistions, took it in under warranty. They looked at it and told me that it was a bad design flaw and the motor that controls the rods for defrost selection, had broken from away from the main duct housing. They said to repair i would need a complete( not sure of its name) housing. And of course it wasn't covered under warranty( 700 to fix). What i have done is just manually change it myself.
First turn ignition on, lay under dash and observe what moves when you change the selector knob( you will see a metal connecting rod about 1 foot up under dash). Then you have to manually push rod up as you change knob back to defrost.
Sorry for harsh description as i'm not completely sure of hte names of parts.

I will try to take some photos and post them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,I'm new to the site.I seen this post you posted about the Heater and Defrost.

I have 00 Durango with the 4.7 and same problem and No A/C! Help,,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts