Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know wtf this thing is for, or how hard it would be to seal it up?

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i am prety shure its made of plastic it looks like it around 4" by 6"

the reason iam trying to seal it is because every time my sub hits you can hear air coming from it :cussing: :rant: :cussing: if you are standing outside of the truck.

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
i had my back seat panel off but never noticed them under the insulation. i'm sure the plastic piece comes off, though. as loud as i've dared to crank my thunderform, i don't hear much of it outside the truck with the windows up.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well with my box the sub faces back towards the vent.
how many watts you pushing? mine my single 10" sub (1500 peak 750 rms) is running off of a bridged 2ch 760 watt.
even at low volumes with the windows up or down you can hear it :cussing:

Q

·
0 Posts
Dj Wolf said:
well with my box the sub faces back towards the vent.
how many watts you pushing? mine my single 10" sub (1500 peak 750 rms) is running off of a bridged 2ch 760 watt.
even at low volumes with the windows up or down you can hear it :cussing:
like a litte truck fart :jester:

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
dunno howto rate my amp it's a mtx 801d going to 2 10" thunder 4500s wired to 4 ohms. i assume it's rated 400x1 @ 4 ohms. the subs are just under the club cab seats.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
The vents on the back wall are designed to equalize the pressure inside of the cab. All of the various door/window/noise seals make the cabin relatively airtight for noise, so when you close the door the air pressure could cause issues if you didn't have somewhere to vent it.

I've heard some people went ahead and sealed off their vents and everything was still ok, but you may want to avoid slamming the doors afterwards.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
finily i know what the :cussing: vent is for, thanks guys for the help :mullet:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts