Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
I am in a similar quandry.:( See my post in general discussion. I do show the 4.7 at 4650 max weight in what I've got. The best Durango/Dakota is the 5.9 2wd, its rated at 7550. All the 5.9's I find are plain jane. It seems a bunch were ordered for fleet duty and are now coming off lease. THe only trailer tow 5.9's or 4.7's I have been able to find have been 4wd, or awd.

· Registered
36 Posts
zavetsky said:
The tow package, IMHO, is EXCELLENT.....bigger alternator, bigger battery, tranny cooler, hitch and wiring, wiring for elec brakes and extra engine cooling.....

DZ

I agree, I found a perfect Durango but with the 4.7L it has the LSD, 3.92 gears and TT package. Now well just see how it does.

· Registered
36 Posts
iamrazor said:
this thread is very interesting. I have an 01 SLT 4.7 with 3.55's and tow package. and am looking at getting a camper. Everything in the mid 20' range is like 4700 - 4900. Think thats too heavy?
I loved my Durango, but ended up selling it for a Ford 2500 Powerstroke. I was tearing the durango up towing my 20' enclosed car trailer. I was using the poor Durango like a pickup. Throwing motors in the back and such. I found myself just beating the shit out of the truck keeping up with my friends in front of me. Most of them were towing larger trailers with regular 1/2 ton trucks.

My advice try it and see how it does. The larger engine would be a much better choice.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.