Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Just be sure that if you decide to tow ith it you get a tranny cooler installed if you dont already have one.

I searched hi and low for my 2003 Durango SLT becuae I wanted the tow package, 5.9, skids and limited slip....I settled for one without skids (added myself) and the limited slip (will add that one day).....

The tow package, IMHO, is EXCELLENT.....bigger alternator, bigger battery, tranny cooler, hitch and wiring, wiring for elec brakes and extra engine cooling.....

DZ

Eric91Z said:
Well, originally when I sold my truck, we were looking at a 2001 Ford Expedition 4x4 with the PSD, but I need something a little more practical in regards to gas mileage for the amount of time I spend on the road for work. Plus, some of the vehicle I have been looking at can be had relatively cheap which means extra money for the "family toy". Guess we will just see what we can do. First need to get the trailer tow package setup with wire harness and hitch (since it didn't come with it), along with trailer brakes, and possibly rear air bags or something. And go from there.

· Registered
27 Posts
WOW! Talk about an old thread coming back to life!! :mullet:

I agree.,...you'll just have to try it and see how it turns out.....My 5.9 with 3.90s has plenty of grunt...torque os what ya need for towing.....not sure how the 4.7 will do with 3.55s and a big trailer....terrain, etc will all come into play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.