Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a build sheet or something on a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT that will show options that the vehicle came with. Wanting to know things like rear gear ratio, limited slip or not, GVWR and towing ratings. Any where to get that information?

It is a 2000 Durango SLT 4WD with the 4.7 V8 and automatic tranny.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again, thanks. It was right where you said. It shows the 3.55 Corporate. With that and the owner's maual, that then means a max trailer weight of 4400 lbs. Not what I was wanting to hear as the smaller of the boats we are looking at will be right around 5000 pounds with boat and trailer.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, originally when I sold my truck, we were looking at a 2001 Ford Expedition 4x4 with the PSD, but I need something a little more practical in regards to gas mileage for the amount of time I spend on the road for work. Plus, some of the vehicle I have been looking at can be had relatively cheap which means extra money for the "family toy". Guess we will just see what we can do. First need to get the trailer tow package setup with wire harness and hitch (since it didn't come with it), along with trailer brakes, and possibly rear air bags or something. And go from there.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we are still shopping, but we weren't really limited before because I had my truck. Now we will have just the Durango to tow with. We are looking at 2 different boats:

1) 26V Profile - listed boat weight of 3600 plus about 1200 or so for the trailer

2) 29V Profile - listed boat weight of 4850 pounds, plus trailer on top of that.

Thinking we will have to go with the 26 footer until we get a bigger tow vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.