Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5.2-Toned SLT
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of these for my wheels. Anyone running these? Im wanting to know whether the top-most rubber piece stays on. It looks goofy with it on and I'd rather it be all chrome showing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLL-L2900/?rtype=10

No instructions came with em, other than that I see how they attach

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I had those on my old truck at one time. I believe that rubbur goes benith that nut.

·
5.2-Toned SLT
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried stickin it below the nut (above the washer) and it didnt have enough thread left to tighten it down, unless I was doing it wrong. The threading narrows to the cap width about halfway up. Ill try it again though. Thanks

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
the one shown seperate from valve stem should fit into the rims like the skinny part into the rim and just the black washer part will show under the nut.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is for the different size holes that are used in the wheels. The one under the nut is the most common, the other is if the hole in the rim is bigger.

Toby

·
5.2-Toned SLT
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
130 Posts
You only need one of the rubber grommets, depending on the size of the hole in your wheel. The narrow part goes into the wheel, if it is loose use the bigger one.

Toby

·
5.2-Toned SLT
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You only need one of the rubber grommets, depending on the size of the hole in your wheel. The narrow part goes into the wheel, if it is loose use the bigger one.

Toby
Oh ok. Well the skinny rubber part doesnt pull through the wheel real good and i didnt want the washer messing up the chrome, So i stuck the other one on there. They fit. I may pull it off so It's all chrome later, tires arent here yet to mount them to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts