Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any modifications I need to make when installing the mopar performance valve covers.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yellow here :biggthump

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I went with gray!

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I used Liteglow chrome wire looms in my '01 R/T. I'm still up in the air for what I plan to do with the '03 R/T.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do they attach using the valve cover screws and are the valve cover screws long enough.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
As far as I'm aware the OEM bolts will work, but Mopar Performance valve covers usually come with their own black standard-type bolts. Most people will ditch the OEM two-sided bolts and the OEM spark plug wire guides when they install the alternate covers.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
REBELZED said:
Sorry to hijack, but where's the best place to get those Mopar valve covers?
Unfortunately the covers are pretty expensive no matter where you go, Mopar really raised the roof on their performance parts a couple of years ago.

www.moparsupercenter.com is a good place to get a quote from.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with these things leaking?!

I was thinking of tryin the GS Motorsports ones cause I've have the Black wrinkle finish ones on 2 318s' now, and I could never get them to seal properly.

Between the Cover and the Head was fine, but the PCV, Oil Filler etc always seem to leak oil. I even tried RTV'in the grommets in, still leaked!

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Does anyone else have problems with these things leaking?!

I was thinking of tryin the GS Motorsports ones cause I've have the Black wrinkle finish ones on 2 318s' now, and I could never get them to seal properly.

Between the Cover and the Head was fine, but the PCV, Oil Filler etc always seem to leak oil. I even tried RTV'in the grommets in, still leaked!
It's an issue with the baffles - on OEM covers there is a full-length baffle system which blocks oil from directly sloshing against the grommets - the Mopar Performance covers come with simple plates only on one side of each cover. A common solution is to fabricate or purchase two more plates for the other side, or you can get a full-length baffle from APS Precision (www.apsprecision.com)

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
So it's a poor design by MaMopar?

Does anyone know about the GS Motorsports ones?

I think the aluminum looks way tougher anywho :drool: , that full on RACE look...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts