Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Trans-Go Shift Kit (for the A500, A518, 42, 44 & 46 rh/re) that I've been meaning to install for a while. I changed my fluid and filter a few weeks back and I decided to try and install the shift kit. Somehow I couldn't remove the valve body even though I removed all the bolts holding it in.

The shift kit I got doesn't include the video that some of the Trans-Go shift kits include and I was wondering if anyone knew what I was missing or if there is a site that has install pictures on it.

By the way, I have a 92 dakota V8 with the A518 tranny.

If anyone has that video leftover and would be willing to send it to me I'd pay shipping and some money for it also.

· Registered
64 Posts
I don't know how much help I will be but here it goes: I have a 1994 Ram with the A518 and I put a Transgo kit in it about 3 years ago. There is a linkage on top of the valve body that must be removed (I think it is the shift linkage I can't remember please don't flame me!). I had the same problem with removeing the valve body, but I believe that might be what is holding you up. Hope that helps. Oh by the way the shift kit works real well. :biggthump

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i thought was holding it up. I was afraid to play with that while the valve body was exposed just in case i got a lot of dirt on it and still wasn't able to remove it. I'm going to try it again this weekend, hopefully I'll save most of the fluid, the cost for ATF +4 is outrageous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.