Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one for an 02 5.9L? Or know if the one for a 99 is the same as an 02? Its on the stock hood right? I dont have mine, but I do have a hood off a 99 laying around... Thanks

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Anybody have one for an 02 5.9L? Or know if the one for a 99 is the same as an 02? Its on the stock hood right? I dont have mine, but I do have a hood off a 99 laying around... Thanks
I don't know about a 02 or a 99 but I am by my 2000 right now if you need anything in particular.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Vacuum lines for what? I can take pics or make descriptions or whatever...right now. I'm at your service. You name it. I'm bored and have a 6 pack of 16oz., let's do this.

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Vacuum lines for what? I can take pics or make descriptions or whatever...right now. I'm at your service. You name it. I'm bored and have a 6 pack of 16oz., let's do this.
That's what I'm screaming.

Hang on I'll get a pic of the diagram.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Some things under the hood were different up to and possibly including 2000 but I've got an 01 which should be pretty much identical to his 02 as far as I know. Your 2000 might also be but...we'll find out for sure in a few minutes I guess.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason, do you still have your stock hood? I just need the whole diagram. If you still have it and could post a pic of the diagram that would be awesome!

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
And I won't see it until Thursday afternoon, however I'm sure someone else will have helped you out before then. Until then, I'm waiting for more instructions so I can go take pictures of something other than a hood diagram! There's not too many vacuum lines...which ones are confusing you?

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
This is as good as my camera would get. Any closer and the reflection would kill the pic. Its probably different due to the leak detection pumps or whatever behind the batteries of 01 and up, but never know.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I hope to have everything done before then.. although Im waiting on powdercoated parts too though, so we'll see.

Well the shop that had it before kind of made a mess of everything and butchered the wiring etc.. so I just want to see the diagram to get everything straight and make sure everything's where it's supposed to be.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks dude, looks pretty similar to the 99 one. If anybody can take a shot from an 01+, that'd be great. Like Jason said, I think some things changed after 2000 and want to make sure.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Pretty much you've got 3 vacuum hoses going out from near your battery...2 of them go back toward the firewall, the other goes to the intake manifold.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Here's the 3 vacuum hoses you'll have near the battery/fuse box, the one toward the bottom of the picture goes to the intake manifold, the other 2 at the top go toward the firewall which you can see in the 2nd picture.

In this picture you can see the 2 vacuum lines come across the valve cover and going back/down toward whatever they go to, I'm not exactly sure. Also, you can see the vacuum line from the brake booster to the intake manifold and from the valve cover to the intake manifold.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
On the other side it's simple, you should have your valve cover going to your k&n (you have a k&n, right?) and your map sensor on the throttle body I'm not entirely sure about. This is how I have mine routed from the intake manifold to the map sensor (under the front of the throttle body). I think that's about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts