Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or are they 5/16-18?

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I finally found it, 5/16-18 x .750-1. Only took me about an hour of searching for a stupid bolt size. I might have to go with the shorter 3/4 length because it looks like I'm going to have a tough time getting the bolts into the flange holes on a couple of them with the tubing in the way. That'll only give me 1/4" of thread holding, will that be ok?

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone was wondering 5/16-18x1 grade 8s with lock washers worked out perfect. I retorqued after a few heat cycles and nothing moved.

·
Too close for missles!
352 Posts
did you use allens? I have a feeling getting a socket in there might be a PITA on a few of these bolts...

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you use allens? I have a feeling getting a socket in there might be a PITA on a few of these bolts...
No, hexes. All but two bolts were easily reached with a socket. One of the two I got with a regular wrench and the other I had to use one of those bent wrenches. It's pretty easy on the V6, it was less than a two hour project on a lift with proper tools.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and I had to cut one of the 1" bolts down about an 1/8" to even get it into the flange hole do the the tight bend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts