B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DUH!!! Need a mod to correct my spelling in the thread topic. :D

·
Turbo Dakota Junkie
1,912 Posts
"WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Tuesday proposed stripping the Federal Reserve of its supervisory powers and creating instead three new federal agencies to police banks, protect consumers and dismantle failing institutions."

Oh goody. 3 NEW FEDERAL AGENCIES! Just what we needed. Instead of trimming government back we're adding whole agencies to grow the government even faster.

·
Bad to the Bone
96,636 Posts
I personally think the creation of Federal Reserve was the beginning of the end for this country. Allowing PRIVATE individuals to control the value of our money, actually selling it to the government for a profit! What in the FUCK were we thinking? If you study the history of the FR, it will amaze you. It's like a good ol' boy pension plan, with the entire US hung by the balls.

By the way...the FR is grossly misnamed. It has about as much to do with the federal government as FedEx.

However...It would be better to abolish it altogether and create ONE new agency. This plan looks convoluted.

·
Turbo Dakota Junkie
1,912 Posts
I personally think the creation of Federal Reserve was the beginning of the end for this country. Allowing PRIVATE individuals to control the value of our money, actually selling it to the government for a profit! What in the FUCK were we thinking? If you study the history of the FR, it will amaze you. It's like a good ol' boy pension plan, with the entire US hung by the balls.

By the way...the FR is grossly misnamed. It has about as much to do with the federal government as FedEx.

However...It would be better to abolish it altogether and create ONE new agency. This plan looks convoluted.
While I agree the FR needs replaced or fixed. I have zero confidence in the present administration's ability to do that. I can't help but think it's yet another "wealth redistribution" scheme to penalize successful people. Even at that. It needs to be split into 3 separate agencies? WTF? Most likely to be headed by appointed Czars also?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I agree with you on this one. The Fed is NOT today what it started out to be. They've had time to figure out ways to get around the original rules and when they couldn't, they changed them to suit their purpose. A lot of damn money has been made by a lot of people off the backs of the taxpayers!!

While I agree the FR needs replaced or fixed. I have zero confidence in the present administration's ability to do that. I can't help but think it's yet another "wealth redistribution" scheme to penalize successful people. Even at that. It needs to be split into 3 separate agencies? WTF? Most likely to be headed by appointed Czars also?
Agreed again! If it were any other adminstration proposing this, I'd be more inclined to say it sounds like a good idea, but the Obama adminstration is looking to take TOTAL CONTROL of everybody's money. More of his Marxist agenda. ANY proposed bill that has to do with financing by Chris Dodd and Barney Franks has to make you stop and think whether they have the countrys' best interest at heart or whether it will turn out like Freddie and Fannie did. For some reason, I smell a 'good ole' boy deal' hidden in there somewhere! Just don't trust those 2 bastards!!

·
My horns hold up my halo!
5,992 Posts
just another nail in the coffin.....

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
I think the barry sees the writing on the wall for 2010 and is already making moves to get his agenda passed double quick.

·
Atlanta's Best Drunkard
4,036 Posts
lol, the republican congress is what kept Clinton in office for two terms.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
the fed has been in dispute since it was created and I do not see how 3 new agencies replacing it helps a damn thing.

·
My horns hold up my halo!
5,992 Posts
its will not help one bit..... there just looking for some quick cash to bump into the automotive industry......again.....

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
its will not help one bit..... there just looking for some quick cash to bump into the automotive industry......again.....
God, lets hope they do not piss away more of our money.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
I want the house stabbing the senate in the back and the president taking both out at the knees and the supreme court telling them both that what ever they did get through is unconstitutional :D

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
i think a iranian nuke stashed in a container floated up a cargo ship/barge on the potomac is more likely.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Should change the title of this thread to "US Government To Strip Federal Reserve Of It's printing press"

Control the Federal Reserve? That's a laugh it wont happen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts