Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I have a 2001 durango SLT that was recalled for upper ball joint replacement. I was still get a poping noise when turning even after the dealer replaced them so when I changed the oil this Monday I looked at them. They look old and not new, How can I tell if they actuly did replace them. I dont want to bitch if I`m wrong. they were replaced only about three months ago and i`m not stupid, I think they would look nice compared to the lower joints.Are the original upper joints riveted or bolted on?

·
Registered
509 Posts
airplane1 said:
hi everyone, I have a 2001 durango SLT that was recalled for upper ball joint replacement. I was still get a poping noise when turning even after the dealer replaced them so when I changed the oil this Monday I looked at them. They look old and not new, How can I tell if they actuly did replace them. I dont want to bitch if I`m wrong. they were replaced only about three months ago and i`m not stupid, I think they would look nice compared to the lower joints.Are the original upper joints riveted or bolted on?
airplane1,

This issue has been raised before but if memory serves my correctly the original should be riveted. New replacment should now be bolted. For myself I haven't had this done to mine yet but that's what I've read on this website.

rimfire,22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts