Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 durango w/360 and I was wondering what would be the first upgrade to do and I also was wondering what is the difference between a R/T 5.9 and mine. what is the rear end gear ratio in a R/T?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
First mod should be an air intake for that the Durango! You will get 10-15 more hp and 2-4 more gas mileage.

If you have the 360 in. engine then you have the 5.9L R/T. The 5.2 is a 318 in. engine.

Rear end is a 3.92 I think

·
Registered
396 Posts
you can check out ebay...they alwayz have some r/t rims 20" or 17"...or go to www.aaarims.com ,im saving up for some 20" r/t rims myself

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GOON'S D said:
If you have the 360 in. engine then you have the 5.9L R/T. The 5.2 is a 318 in. engine.
That's not correct. The 5.9 engine has been offerd on the 98-03 SLT Durango.

The Durango R/T was rated at 250 hp. The 5.9 SLT was 245 hp. The R/T from 00 till 10/01 had a unique R/T PCM (not to be confused with the Mopar PCM) and required premimum fuel. After 10/01 through 03 the R/T has the same PCM as the SLT.

The Durango R/T also had:

AWD only
17" wheels
two tone leather
different rear swaybar
performance shocks
free flow muffler

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. Does that r/t pcm work in my slt and if it does where do I get one. Also what type of suspension does it have

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
It will not work in the SLT. Trust me I am running into the same problems. Superchips came out with one recently for the SLT 4.7L engines. I would try and contact superchips for availability.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right on bro I just saw a post that someone was giving away a r/t suspension and a controller, I was so excited only to find out that the f*ck*** things wouldn't work on my 4x4 slt son of a I am so dissapointed

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Most anything engine wise that works for the 5.9 or 5.2 will not work on the 4.7L, trust me it blows!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
kevinsdurango said:
thanks for the info. Does that r/t pcm work in my slt and if it does where do I get one. Also what type of suspension does it have
The R/T specific PCM was very good. That's why they stopped using it. Your options for the computer are The Mopar PCM, programmers from Hypertech or Superchips or a custom flash from B&G Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
kevinsdurango said:
right on bro I just saw a post that someone was giving away a r/t suspension and a controller, I was so excited only to find out that the f*ck*** things wouldn't work on my 4x4 slt son of a I am so dissapointed

The R/T PCM would wrk but again, there is better out there. As far as the suspension, there is better stuff out there than the R/T items. There are lots of aftermarket shocks. I have Bilstein shocks and Hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GOON'S D said:
Most anything engine wise that works for the 5.9 or 5.2 will not work on the 4.7L, trust me it blows!
Of course the 5.2/5.9 specific parts will not work on the 4.7. It's a totally different engine but there are performance parts available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts