Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new member here.I have a 2000 Dakota 4x4 w/4.7 auto.I just gor the truck about 1 1/2 months ago and enjoy it very much.As far as I can tell its all stock and gets about 18 almost 19 to a gallon on the highway.I do alot of driving on the highways about 90 miles a day.I would like to do some modification to the motor to try and up the performance and mileage(headers,pcm,airfilters etc.)Have any of you guys done this and if so what are the results.I am working on a limited budget so supercharging is out of the question although I know that I would benefit from it.Any feed back is much appreciated.
Thanks Sam

S

·
0 Posts
Here's my 2 cents. Get a 360AirIntakez ... noticable increase in power and mpg ( i gained almost 1mpg around town although I can't seem to keep my foot out of it). Put a new muffler under it (Magnaflow, Flowmaster)... make it pass the gas better (sorry that was kinda bad, but the better it breathes comin in and out the better it will perform). Change your plugs out to the Autolite 3923's (don't forget to check the gap). Those are about the most simple and basic mods for power to do to our trucks.

S

·
0 Posts
just for the record what is the correct gap? i think that i should remove the stock ones now that i got 50K on the truck.

S

·
0 Posts
If memory serves me the correct gap is either 40 or 42... sorry but i put mine in a year ago. Just call up autozone and ask them... they can tell you exactly. I do remember that when I pulled the OEM plugs I checked the gap and they varried about .005 from what they were supposed to be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi SSRage I tried to go on both 360 Airintakez and I think it was trucktrendz and I couldn't bring up the site.I got a blank page.Do you have a phone number handy for 360 Airintakez.I called four wheel parts and they do not carry that line.Would like to know how much and if some one here in Salt Lake might carry it.
Thanks for the info Sam
P.S. did you also put on headers or just a flow master if headers what brand are they?

S

·
0 Posts
Just click on the link for 360AirIntakez or click here for Joe at 360. I don't know why it doesn't pull up on yours... the link works fine on my computer. Here is a phone number as well: 1-866-4-360AIR

I haven't done any mods to the exhaust yet... too broke recently.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The # I have for joe is (702) 739-8464 but his site goes down ocasionally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts