Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a black faced gauge set, with blue accents. I am worried that the red stock needles won't look right.

Does anyone offer blue lit ones? Are they really complex parts? There is a place a few blocks from me that can make pretty much anything from milled plexiglass.

·
0 Posts
I am also interested in knowing if they make blue or red needlses because i have the blue and white flame gauges from nu image and the orange just isn't cutting it.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
You might be able to take them off and sand them clear. I once made ranger gauges clear from green, by sanding the back of the gauge face. and then I could have made them any color i wanted with a marker, just lightly color the back of the number once it is sanded down.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I don't know of anyplace which sells aftermarket needles - as mentioned above the color that shines through is painted on the back of the clear needle plastic, you would just need to sand or scrape it off and paint it an alternate color.

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
I'll try to remember to post pics of mine. I scrapped that orange paint off the back of the needles and then just painted them with blue paint. Looks super sweet!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
learn something new everyday. I'm pulling mine off to paint em this week :biggthump thanks guys

S

·
0 Posts
I was curious about this also, i would like to make my gauge lights blue and maybe leave the needles clear or something. I hate the green and orange look but i want to keep the black face.

S

·
0 Posts
i just did my needles today...heres a pic. i painted the needles white and the cirlces blue.

Attachments

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
ShelbyStyle98 said:
i just did my needles today...heres a pic. i painted the needles white and the cirlces blue.
That looks good man! Mine are about the same, but I painted my needles blue so the light would still show threw them!

S

·
0 Posts
do you have any pics of yours? a little orange still shows through mine at night...im thinking about doing them in blue. also- what type of paint did you use?

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
ShelbyStyle98 said:
do you have any pics of yours? a little orange still shows through mine at night...im thinking about doing them in blue. also- what type of paint did you use?

did you scrape off all the orange paint from the back of the needles, or did you paint on the top of the needles?

I just used some testors model paint. But I used my exacto knife to scrape off all the orange paint, and then I painted blue where the orange was.

I'll see if i can find the link to the thread I put pics in... one sec...

nevermind that was over on Dusa.
here's some pics of my process...sorry i dont have any recent finished pics...i'll get some soon.

Since those pics, I painted the black parts Intense blue, I'll try to get those pics soon, I'm a slacker, what can i say.. lol

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
the only thing about this is that it's a pain in the ass to get those needles lined up again. At least it was for me when I put my face gauge in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts