Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have resently been on a deployment for the past 5 months and have bought some new parts for my dakota. i have bought a stage 2 chip, a new exhaust, and a cold air intake........now my guestion for yall is should i be worried if the check engine light or any other light comes on and what should i do? help please :help:

·
Registered
10 Posts
j-star said:
hey guys i have resently been on a deployment for the past 5 months and have bought some new parts for my dakota. i have bought a stage 2 chip, a new exhaust, and a cold air intake........now my guestion for yall is should i be worried if the check engine light or any other light comes on and what should i do? help please :help:
Be sure and let us know what kind of gains you get from the mods.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well the check engine light could be alot of things, I am going to bet it has to do with your CHIP, but i could be wrong, I am sure that the cat back would not set the CEL off and the intake could, but i doubt it. i would take the CHIP out and reset the computer and see if the light goes out. What cat back do you have? I have a 3.7 and was looking at the Gibson, but it is kind of pricey.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Your intake will not set off the light. Dealer is full of sh*t. I have a 40 series flowmaster and an 4.7 AFE CAI on my 04 3.7 and she just runs fine, in fact, my next upgrade is going to be the throttle body from Hugheengines. Then, it needs to be an Auburn Gear LSD, I use to spin both tires, but now only one spins, and my axle does say Open Diff.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
00BlkDakSpt said:
Your intake will not set off the light. Dealer is full of sh*t. I have a 40 series flowmaster and an 4.7 AFE CAI on my 04 3.7 and she just runs fine, in fact, my next upgrade is going to be the throttle body from Hugheengines. Then, it needs to be an Auburn Gear LSD, I use to spin both tires, but now only one spins, and my axle does say Open Diff.
Hows the 3.7 sound with the flowmaster?

·
Registered
227 Posts
For some reason both my 3.7 and 3.9 didn't sound ricey at all, when at higher rpms it sounds loud as hell, like a hot rod, but the 3.7 is going to be quiter and less to none inside the cab, due to the 3.7 have 2 cats instead of one and I had my resonator removed. But it sounds like an V8 at idle to 2000rpms.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Cool i might have to get one here soon.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any way you can get a sound clip of a 3.7 with the flowmaster on there?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yea, I'll get a few sound clips, give me the middle of the week to do them. Let ya know when they are up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts