Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The New Tailgate from Action Crash / Keystone Auto Parts purchased thru my Local NAPA at cost arrived today…

I have a Sir Michael’s Tailgate Handle Flip kit with the Filler Panel on order, and it should be here soon.

Then it’s just a matter of installing the kit, but this is just the start of this Project as I have something planned so this isn’t just another shaved Tailgate!

·
Banned
25,820 Posts

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nooooo..............

The Mod will be done in Paint, not sheetmetal, the Tailgate will be a Canvas of sort....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Sorry to thread hijack

I enjoy tailgate mural's, some are just plain tasteless and integrate gross shit , others show what's important to the culture at hand, not just Hispanic's do it...

I have seen "Hispanic" mural's, they have to do with Jesus, Mary etc... these people take religion seriously and integrate it into their own vehicle's.
"white" American's do the same thing, except with the integration of american symbols, camo, hunting, bands etc..

THIS WILL PROVIDE HOURS OF ENJOYMENT
SO ENJOY
http://www.flickr.com/groups/mexicantailgatemurals/pool/
http://damnfreshpics.blogspot.com/2009/11/mexican-airbrushed-tailgate-mural.html

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Sir Michael's Kit arrived today, I should be able to have some progress pics very soon!

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im surprised no one has made a after market tailgate with the handle flipped already.
That Idea had occured to me as well, but the market for it would be small compared to the need for stock replacement Tailgates.

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
Someone should buy junkyard tailgates and do the flip and then sell them them on here ready for paint.

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm doing something along the style of this type of graphic on the Tailgate, it will be unique to my Truck as the artist does his work according to what he feels suits the owner and the Vehicle he's working on...

Here is a Quiz for the know it alls on this forum, who is the Artist who did these graphics??

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone should buy junkyard tailgates and do the flip and then sell them them on here ready for paint.

what would these Tailgates be work to potential buyers?

or what would you be willing to spend on one already done and ready for paint??

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
Scott Sullivan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts