Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been getting interested in the baja races and been looking at the trophy trucks and how they are built. I am fascinated on how they look and how the suspension goes. I live down here in south texas and there really aint a whole lot of sand around here mainly just mud. I am tried of washing all that mud and then having to worry about it rusting later on if I dont get it all off. So my upcoming project is going to be to build by truck with alot of the trophy truck suspension. It almost looks impossible but I have a buddy that knows what he is doing and we know how to think of brackets and all that good stuff. This project will start this summer and I am hoping to be able to have it done by the end of this year. Basically what i am building is a trophy truck only street legal. Its doable and I will have it done with alot of work. If anyone wants to help in the project let me know.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add on to this. I only have a puny 3.9L engine so what I will eb doing is getting a bigger engine still a dodge and it will come out of a wrecked dakota. Gonna put in the 5.9L. Lose my 4 wheel drive but hey it will work.

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
That is going to be one sweet ride. I would love to do a SAS lift for my Durango. Good luck and keep us posted on how to's.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am losing my 4x4 cause of the engine swap i will be doing. thanks project dog. i will keep yall posted on everything. i actually thought today to not do the dakota and do it to a ram but then again you dont see dakotas as a trophy truck style. i knwo they dont sell anything for our trucks but i will build them as i go and make it work.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you going to lose your 4x4?
i dont know if you know much about trophy trucks but they dont use 4x4 they have so much power in the engine and such a great rear end they only use 2 wheel drive. also the way these vehicles flex like crazy so it will be hard sometimes to keep the 4 wheel drive attached

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
I love trophy trucks, make sure to document your progress.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love trophy trucks, make sure to document your progress.
oh trust me I will. Mostly everything i do will be custom. so this will be a long project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts