Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to take off in first gear and a loud clunk and bang sound came from under my truck. I continued to drive slow and the sound is there threw most of the gears. It dont make any sound when I shift but only after I shift and give is some gas. The sound is very loud and shakes my truck. Ive got it jacked up in my garage today trying to figure it out. Any ideas about what it might be??? I was thinking maby the universal joint but im not sure.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well today i took my truck to get looked at and see what the problem was. I was told that the rear end is completely gone and that is will cost me $1,100 to get a new one plus the cost to install it and etc. I dont get it back until Thursday.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said that the gears were all torn up and that it would be cheaper to just replace the whole rear end.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
blue2000sport said:
They said that the gears were all torn up and that it would be cheaper to just replace the whole rear end.
See if you can find an entire rearend out of a wreck or something..and get a second opinion..if you dont know this shop personally I wouldnt trust them.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear end that I am getting isnt new but it came out of a dakota with only 9,000 miles on it. They said that it wouldent matter if it had 1 mile on it or 100,000 miles it would still cost the same and that im lucky that they found one with only 9,000 miles on it. I just went ahead and told them to order it and do all the other crap cause I just want it fixed at this point. Plus my truck was supposed to go into the body shop today to get the new front end installed but that has been moved to sometime after I get the rear end back. Now I wont get my truck back until after Christmas :rant:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.