Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Robyn,

Was curious when you talk about underhood parts, what is the maximum temps we should be concerned with? I know a lot of people powdercoat tons of things on the motor, but your products would look much cooler.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
Hello Robyn,

Was curious when you talk about underhood parts, what is the maximum temps we should be concerned with? I know a lot of people powdercoat tons of things on the motor, but your products would look much cooler.

Thanks

Shawn
Don't worry about temperature, our stuff has been on hundreds of parts under the hood, and it holds up great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phoeniximaging said:
Don't worry about temperature, our stuff has been on hundreds of parts under the hood, and it holds up great!

Well, the reason I ask is the fact that some parts have to be powder coated instead of painted because of heat issues. So you are saying that these same parts can be done by your process with no ill effects?

From my understanding of your process, you paint the base coat then apply the "texture" so to speak. So what stops that paint from cooking off the part once it is done?

Not trying to be a thorn in your side, but have tons of parts I wanted powder coated. If this process will hold up as well, then I am gonna be sending them to you instead.

Also, what sort of chemicals or fluids will damage the surface of your process? What is used to clean them, and keep them looking new?

Like I said, not trying to cause trouble. I really like your products, but want to make sure they will be able to hold up for what I wanted to have done.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Forwarded from Keith at Phoenix Imaging:

----------------------------

Shawn:

The parts will hold up as long as they are not exposed to heat such as exhaust system. Valve cover, intake system, fuse box covers and so on no problem. As far as chemicals, if you would not pour it on your paint job then you would not want it on these parts. If you give me a list of what parts I can tell you if it will hold up.

Thanks Keith

PI's Grunt department

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have a few getting Done,I'll post some photos of the Under Hood stuff,Should be getting closer,Would be done if Keith wasnt doing all the work himself ....LOL

Robyn out of the Office SEMA and Kicked down with the FLU

RICK

·
Registered
97 Posts
2K R/T said:
I have a few getting Done,I'll post some photos of the Under Hood stuff,Should be getting closer,Would be done if Keith wasnt doing all the work himself ....LOL

Robyn out of the Office SEMA and Kicked down with the FLU

RICK
A FEW? Try a BUNCH! LOL We have a lot of staff, but when I'm out (I supervise sales & office end of things) it puts a big burden on him! I think we're getting back on track from me being gone! Ya'll go to the website if you haven't visited in a while and check out all the awesome SEMA pics!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I did early tonight

My buddys Hemi Magnum at SEMA,

RICK

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice ride.......

hope your feel'n better robyn. hubby steps in and saves the day :mullet:

·
Registered
97 Posts
rockadaous said:
nice ride.......

hope your feel'n better robyn. hubby steps in and saves the day :mullet:

You are so sweet. I'm feeling a lot better, about 80%, but hubby just caught the bug. I'm dosing him up on meds and lots of loving care!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
don't give him too much love'n care. he might get used to it and act sick longer lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts