Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered March crank and alternator pulleys.....should be in tomorrow or friday, anyone else have them on thier truck, hard to install?, notice any diffrence?

thanks, abe

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
you will notice a little bit, though pass on teh alt pully if ya got a big stereo or a lot of elex stuff. up to you, IMO leave the alt pully off.

·
Your hero
561 Posts
I've never really been properly told about the alt pully.. but isnt it smaller then stock to make the alt spin faster and make up for the rotation of the smaller crank pully? Which actually would help charge?

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
I've never really been properly told about the alt pully.. but isnt it smaller then stock to make the alt spin faster and make up for the rotation of the smaller crank pully? Which actually would help charge?
that is the way it should be done, install a smaller pully on the alt so it stays working up to spec, and leave the rest as they (assuming you get an underdriven crank pulley, not a set of slightly larger pulleys for everything else which just would be stupid and costly)

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:

tru, if the rest of the setup is properly matched, meaning *all* the pullys. more often than not, at idle you get charging probs and at cruising speed everything is fine.

most of R/T owners just swap the crank pully and leave it at that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts