Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting an underdrive pulley on my dak. Does anyone have any experience with them. How do they do for adding hp and do they affect your accessories like off road lights and stereo.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the ASP crank pulley installed on my 03 Dakota RT. I would not have installed one but the price was right so I went ahead and did it. New it sold for around $240 I found one for $85 in the paper.

The ASP is a 25% reduction pulley and gives you around 6 extra HP with about 10 more foot pounds of torque. For the full selling price it is rather high for what you gain from it. So far I have not had any adverse effects from the install.

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
I have a full set of March aluminum underdrives that I will be installing later this year. I would never pay full price for a set, but I got mine used for a pretty decent price. If I don't like them I'll sell them for slightly less than what I paid or throw them on ebay. There is a set on ebay right now, same ones I have only brand new. You can probably get them for less than $100. Last one I saw sold for $91. Only real difference is the crank pulley changed around 98-99 since they welded it onto the balancer I think. The alt and water pump pulleys will still work though.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well i do not have them on my Dak, but I have the full march set on my Stang and they suck, my charging sucks unless I am driveing, and my car get a little hot at slow speeds because the water pump is turing slower, Now I have a 25% reduction crank pully on my 2001 Focus ZX3 and I think it help with power and i never had a problem with anything, i even had a sound system in it. I would not do the UDP's on your truck.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I think i'm gonna do the superchips powerprogrammer now that they have it for the 4.7

C

·
0 Posts
I have them on my R/T and man do they drain your battery! And I even have a yellow top optima.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i got the march set for my r/t but havent installed em yet, bought em used and the guy said, if its hot out and ur in stop and go traffic its gonna over heat wit em, so im debatin wether or not i wanna install em.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sneezer said:
I have a full set of March aluminum underdrives that I will be installing later this year. I would never pay full price for a set, but I got mine used for a pretty decent price. If I don't like them I'll sell them for slightly less than what I paid or throw them on ebay. There is a set on ebay right now, same ones I have only brand new. You can probably get them for less than $100. Last one I saw sold for $91. Only real difference is the crank pulley changed around 98-99 since they welded it onto the balancer I think. The alt and water pump pulleys will still work though.
Let me know how you like them because I was thinking about some for a 93 dak 5.2L

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
had them on my ram, and i didnt really have too much of a problem with them. just keep in mind of the new pully for your alternator that they give you is bigger or smaller than the one you originally have, if your stock one is smaller in diameter, keep it on there. i have a powermaster alternator on my dak with a 1998 dak alternator pully on it. needle is begged at 14 something on the meter. ill be getting the march set soon for it. (goes in with the v8 too)

jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts