Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of friends that run around town with the LiteGlow underbody neons on and they are always replaceing them. It doesn't cost them anything because they have a lifetime warrenty, but they sit and wait for 6 months at a time for the bulbs to come in. I was wondering what or if any one is running a kit on their truck and what kind? I am in ohio and every winter we have snow and cold weather and it sucks, because that plays a big role in it I think. Even when they chalk the bulbs, they still get moisture in them. I personally dont want to waste my money and have to be getting new bulbs all the time and sitting there waiting, that's bullshit. Let me know what everyone is using.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have Street Glow Gold Series neons on my truck. This si the second vehicle ive had them on and no problems yet. Street Glow makes really good kits, and bright too. If you want a kit, lemme know, i can get them well under the retail price.

G

·
i personally had the Street Glow Gold Series on my 2002 durango. They looked bad-ass but were illegal for driving so i dont really see the use of them. Yeah, they are cool for showing off...but im not sure if they are worth the money or the "awe effect" because the novelty wears off quite quick...and bein in Michigan.....and dealing with michigan winters, it kinda sucks.

Now that i got my 2004 dakota, i left them on my durango when i sold it. I took the loss, but i wish i didnt have them in the first place. But, i guess for a show, they'd be cool...but if I'd ever get them again, i would go with LED's...they last longer, less chance for breakage, and are MUCH MUCH brighter. They can also do cool tricks like strobing and dashing.

want info on some LED's...let me know via EMAIL...

[email protected]
www.hatchetrydascc.com

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
that's why I wanted a cheap pair that somebody wants to get rid of that way if I don't like them it wouldn't be that big of a loss. But yeah I'll look into the LED! Thanks

G

·
for about 100 bucks you can get a neon kit by "LiteGlow"...which they sell at Advance Auto Parts and Murrays, and stores of the sort. Take a look there, ya might find a deal you dont wanna pass up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have the lifetime warranty kit on mine from Street Glow,No problems,

RICK

G

·
I haven't personally picked up a set yet, but I plan to. I kinda like the idea of being able to do flashing patterns and stuff with the LED's over the Neons.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
BU88A said:
I haven't personally picked up a set yet, but I plan to. I kinda like the idea of being able to do flashing patterns and stuff with the LED's over the Neons.

Yeah that's what switched me over to the leds

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts