Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just cruising, no big deal, when the engine light came on. I pulled over and checked all of the fluids, nothing out of the ordinary. The gas cap is tight. I called the dealer to get them to hook it up to the computer and they want $75 for the reading alone! He said as long as the light isn't flashing it is probably just an o2 sensor knocked loose or something minor like that. Does any of this sound right?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yea could be an o2 sensor, or gas cap that would be my guess. Same thing happened to mine and I disconnected the battery it went away until i got gas a couple times. So I jsut figured it was the gas cap, and never thought much about it. Advance auto parts should scan it for free.

Bryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the gas cap, it's tight. How do I check my codes?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, found my code. P1740. Allpar.com says that it means this: "Either the tcc solenoid or overdrive solenoid systems doesn't seem to be making much sense."

TCC? Timing control chain? If I recal the overdrive worked fine. I assume the overdrive solenoid is in the tranny?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:sorry:
The exact same thing happened to me I have a 2001 RT 5.9 liter and
the engine light came on and the oil pressure suddenly dropped.
then was fine. next week same thing.
then, suddenly...
Over heated only 40,000 miles.
Dealer service and all oil changes , the engine suddenly blew.
Luckly I had the extended warrenty , the engine wasw replaced by dealer
they did not know hwat to say...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
edelvecc said:
:sorry:
The exact same thing happened to me I have a 2001 RT 5.9 liter and
the engine light came on and the oil pressure suddenly dropped.
then was fine. next week same thing.
then, suddenly...
Over heated only 40,000 miles.
Dealer service and all oil changes , the engine suddenly blew.
Luckly I had the extended warrenty , the engine wasw replaced by dealer
they did not know hwat to say...
Theres a reason i do my own oil changes. I knew someone who always had their oil done at the dealer, then one time, they left the oil drain plug like half way on then she drove down the rode and blew the motor (no oil duh). So yeah they replaced the motor too :hammer:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
durangotrkrt said:
Theres a reason i do my own oil changes. I knew someone who always had their oil done at the dealer, then one time, they left the oil drain plug like half way on then she drove down the rode and blew the motor (no oil duh). So yeah they replaced the motor too :hammer:

Thats what happened to my brothers car, but they put the wrong damn oil filter on and it fell off a day or two later (pepboys)... they refused to replace the motor... i was out of a job at the time, so i drove my truck up to pepboys and parked my truck across the street and got me a lawn chair and sat on the side walk with a big cooler full of sandwiches and drinks. and my little radio (public propery so they couldnt make me leave) and i had a huge sign 6feet long and 4feet tall and i painted on there "pepboys blew my engine and wont fix it" after about 3 days and them losing almost 99% of their regular business they offered to replace the motor... i told them they can write me a check and i will have it replaced at a place where i knew it would be done right. (they refused again) so i sat there for another 2 days.. and some friends of mine did the same thing i did at 2 other pepboys locations around here. (they finally agreed to pay to have it fixed where we wanted it fixed... We took his car to the dealership and they sent pepboys a $13,000 bill

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Brian22 said:
Thats what happened to my brothers car, but they put the wrong damn oil filter on and it fell off a day or two later (pepboys)... they refused to replace the motor... i was out of a job at the time, so i drove my truck up to pepboys and parked my truck across the street and got me a lawn chair and sat on the side walk with a big cooler full of sandwiches and drinks. and my little radio (public propery so they couldnt make me leave) and i had a huge sign 6feet long and 4feet tall and i painted on there "pepboys blew my engine and wont fix it" after about 3 days and them losing almost 99% of their regular business they offered to replace the motor... i told them they can write me a check and i will have it replaced at a place where i knew it would be done right. (they refused again) so i sat there for another 2 days.. and some friends of mine did the same thing i did at 2 other pepboys locations around here. (they finally agreed to pay to have it fixed where we wanted it fixed... We took his car to the dealership and they sent pepboys a $13,000 bill
HOLY SHIT
:woot: :biggthump :eek:hsnap:

·
- Dakota C.
3,368 Posts
durangotrkrt said:
yea somthin like that happend to my dad he got his diff fluid cahnged at the dealer they left the plug out and goin down the highway at 60 mph first it felt like he slammed the brakes and i told him wtf and he said it wasnt him then it sounded like 100 bottlerockets goin off and blue smoke and the rearend was roasted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts