Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car parked at my girlfriends house and came out the next morning to this. Took my custom made sub box and subs and mono amp and then my whole deck. They managed to tear up my whole fuse box too. $4000 worth of damage and stolen property, good thing im only paying $500 deductible....

Attachments

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
sucks ass. start lookin at craigslist for ur stuff for sale.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Had my car parked at my girlfriends house and came out the next morning to this. Took my custom made sub box and subs and mono amp and then my whole deck. They managed to tear up my whole fuse box too. $4000 worth of damage and stolen property, good thing im only paying $500 deductible....
Yikes...hope it goes well for you.

You don't have an alarm? I didn't the first time I got broken into. Now I do. If you don't, invest in one! Some folks here may say they still will get in if determined enough and maybe so, but it can help.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
just dont park in shady places lol. if i leave my truck somewhere i leave it somewhere open to the public where everyone can see it but nowhere near cars. and in friends driveways arent shady neither is the girlfriends so i dont gotta worry there and i used to bring it to ny and i had it in a personal parking garage for the workers only.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do have an alarm, it was going on all night so it killed the battery and no one heard it i guess but wen i charged the battery back up, the alarm was going off. but i think im going to invest in a NEW one

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just dont park in shady places lol. if i leave my truck somewhere i leave it somewhere open to the public where everyone can see it but nowhere near cars. and in friends driveways arent shady neither is the girlfriends so i dont gotta worry there and i used to bring it to ny and i had it in a personal parking garage for the workers only.

my girlfreinds neighborhood is patroled by a security company so i dont know how someone got to it, it was also parked on a busy street which was well lit.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
wierd. how did the alarm go off all night and u not hear it?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Someone wanted a system for their prius! Damn dirty hippies. Just playin man! Hope you get your shit back or find out who did it! I'm guessing your a student at CU, I'd say walk the parking lots and look in peoples cars!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the alarm was going off so you killed the battery? A window, subs/amp/double din isn't 4k, insurance will want receipts if you expect to be paid for 4k, or else they go "at cost" and "factory".
Its all paid for, and yes it is 4k. i had a custom made sub box and a $1100 deck. plus the messed up the doorpanel too which i found out today....

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
IMHO switch to one of the 2-way alarm systems, as long as you're within 1/4 mile of the vehicle it will page you when something is happening. They also make battery backup sirens, I installed mine under the wiper cowl where thieves couldn't quickly disable it even if they tried. I'd also highly recommend on having the replacement audio system installed in such a way as to be as hidden as possible from the outside, then also make sure that you don't thump the system anywhere near your/her house. Thieves covet - sounds like they either saw or heard your system and targeted the truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts