Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got me some u-bolts so i can finally finish lowerin my r/t.. not goin with th usual 2-3" drop tho, i opted for some 2.5" lowering blocks out back. will post before and after pics later on today or tomorro! :waiting: :banana2:

·
Andrew
1,178 Posts
You guys should check into a heavy duty truck place when looking for u-bolts. I found a local place that had no trouble beating any price I saw online since we didn't have to worry about shipping.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
You guys should check into a heavy duty truck place when looking for u-bolts. I found a local place that had no trouble beating any price I saw online since we didn't have to worry about shipping.
None really around here, plus the time I waste trying to go find one I would waste the gas it would cost to ship them, for me at least.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got my ubolts from stylin. talk to xlofnktax, he works for stylintrucks and will hook u up. i paid $45 for th bolts shipped to my door! im bout to get crackin on th install in 5mins lol, ill let u kno how long it took. and they are about 9-10" in length also. ill post pics asap!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I ordered something from stylin trucks, I think it was my coils, and they kept giving me the run around that they're on the way for over a month. I'm skeptical about ordering from Stylin but I'll try to contact xlofnktax and maybe things will go smoothly this time lol. Do you know if they have DJM blocks too... 1'' blocks? I'm anxious to see the pics, I'm always a step behind you suspension wise :funny:

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered something from stylin trucks, I think it was my coils, and they kept giving me the run around that they're on the way for over a month. I'm skeptical about ordering from Stylin but I'll try to contact xlofnktax and maybe things will go smoothly this time lol. Do you know if they have DJM blocks too... 1'' blocks? I'm anxious to see the pics, I'm always a step behind you suspension wise :funny:
really? ive never had an issue, maybe because ive always gone through xlofnktax :huh: yea this is what ur looking for im assuming
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?attribute_value_string|Brand=DJM+Suspension&partfamilyid=3331

no pics til tomorro probly, ive hit a snag. turns out the new bolts are too fat to fit through the existing holes in the plate for the bottom of the leaf springs :rant: and wont be able to reem em out til later on tonite.

haha o really? so uve got th front dropped? nice! hope ive been a good role model haha:jester:

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
really? ive never had an issue, maybe because ive always gone through xlofnktax :huh: yea this is what ur looking for im assuming
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?attribute_value_string|Brand=DJM+Suspension&partfamilyid=3331

no pics til tomorro probly, ive hit a snag. turns out the new bolts are too fat to fit through the existing holes in the plate for the bottom of the leaf springs :rant: and wont be able to reem em out til later on tonite.

haha o really? so uve got th front dropped? nice! hope ive been a good role model haha:jester:
To fat? I hope I did not order the same thing as you. Yours are 1/2" x 3 5/8th?

·
Registered
623 Posts

I've got the whole truck lowered, but I want to go lower in the back 1''.

Thanks for the link. thats the kit! I hope I don't run into the same problem you did with the metal plate. Thats kind of stupid on their part isn't it? Unless they have to be thicker because of how much longer they are :huh:

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To fat? I hope I did not order the same thing as you. Yours are 1/2" x 3 5/8th?
yea too fat lol.. um idk, i ordered the only available ubolt kit they offer, part number LBUBKRT..still havent drilled out the holes yet :waiting:

I've got the whole truck lowered, but I want to go lower in the back 1''.

Thanks for the link. thats the kit! I hope I don't run into the same problem you did with the metal plate. Thats kind of stupid on their part isn't it? Unless they have to be thicker because of how much longer they are :huh:
o ok haha, i was lookin at ur sig pic thinkin it looked lowered already lol.. yea idk wats up with that, frickin PITA :rant: couldve had the whole thing done in about an hour

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
yea too fat lol.. um idk, i ordered the only available ubolt kit they offer, part number LBUBKRT..still havent drilled out the holes yet :waiting:
Son of a....

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
haha its ok, nothing a little bit of drilling and filing didnt fix! my only issue keeping me from puttin the wheels back on now is it seems like my axle is floating above the blocks :huh:.. that and th fact i need a torque wrench lol. but the plate is tight against the leafs and the bolts are tight against the axle so im confused as of right now.. will it sit onto the block once i put th wheels on and put it on the ground??

heres pics of my problem.. (Note: will post pics of everything in the photo section once fully completed)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes, the bolt diameter is bigger than the plate holes so they will have to be drilled out. I used my die grinder with a porting bit. A drill press would be the easiest.

·
Registered
623 Posts
BOOHOOPS, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN PUTTING MY LEAFS IN. I'm getting so angry just looking at that picture. I knew exactly what was wrong when I saw the pic. The little cylinder guide pin on the top of your blocks wont go into the guide hole on the axle. The pin on the blocks is too big. You can tighten all you want but it will never go in all the way. Your going to have to make the guide pin a smaller diameter so it fits in the hole in the axle. Its either that, or your guide pin is too tall...but I'm betting its that the guide pin is too big diameter wise. I was furious when my Belltech leafs did the same thing. You basically have to do the job over. I'm not sure why some parts do this but it's a small problem they could fix during production that ends up a huge headache on the customers part.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BOOHOOPS, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN PUTTING MY LEAFS IN. I'm getting so angry just looking at that picture. I knew exactly what was wrong when I saw the pic. The little cylinder guide pin on the top of your blocks wont go into the guide hole on the axle. The pin on the blocks is too big. You can tighten all you want but it will never go in all the way. Your going to have to make the guide pin a smaller diameter so it fits in the hole in the axle. Its either that, or your guide pin is too tall...but I'm betting its that the guide pin is too big diameter wise. I was furious when my Belltech leafs did the same thing. You basically have to do the job over. I'm not sure why some parts do this but it's a small problem they could fix during production that ends up a huge headache on the customers part.
i woke up thinking the same thing! i think the pins might be too tall :rant: fvckin sonofabitch! it makes my life even more miserable because my brother broke our half-inch drive ratchet so ive just been using a goddam breaker bar the whole frickin time! :rant:

thanks man, if i hadnt thought about it so much, i probly wouldnt have figured it out without u

·
Registered
623 Posts
no prob! It's such a stupid little thing that they don't take 5 minutes to check when they're making the parts. Oh crap now it's going to take like 1 hour to take the nuts off those loooonnnggggg u-bolts :funny: ...Hope everything works out though!

If I see some drop blocks in the for sale section I'll know why :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts