Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
gettin hearing aids by 30
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody heard of or make their 3.7l turbocharged or supercharged?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
No i have not, but I do think the 3.7 would run like crazy with boost. I have the 3.7 and i think it runs good stock, but a turbo would be the ticket.

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about a supercharger? i think it would be easer to do, won't need to mod the exhaust.

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you think of an electric supercharger, i found this earler today
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
i am guestioning the truth of the product and what do you think the hp gains wopuld by to buy that and a intake off ebay?

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
darwinbohnke said:
what do you think of an electric supercharger, i found this earler today
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
i am guestioning the truth of the product and what do you think the hp gains wopuld by to buy that and a intake off ebay?
The electric supercharger is a scam. :sorry:

Real Power equals real $$$$

You have to pay for the pony's. Im not sure of the aftermarket for the 3.7, if nothing is out now that doesnt mean nothing will come out later. You can do things like intake and exhaust, but blowers (Turbo or Supercharger) might not be in the mix yet. You could buy a universal STS turbo kit, or do your own build up, but that requires some pretty serious expertise and a pile of cash. Then custom fitting it all, tuning, etc. Someone should chime in here and give you some good info. I hope I atleast caught ya before you bought an electric supercharger, or a throttle body spacer :rofl: .

·
Registered
284 Posts
A remote turbo is not that big of a deal. One of the members posted a how to I typed up over at the other Dakota site (in the how to section)...

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the turbo and air intake is located where the mufler (which is no longer there) is and a tube runs back the engine's intake. this makes no need for a intercooler and the air is cooler intering the intake because it is not in the engine bay. the down side is that it takes longer to spool up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you could ever find the Kennebell Supercharger for the Liberty. It would bolt right on. I believe it made somewhere around 300+ hp. Not to sure so don't quote me on that. But it up the numbers like crazy. On a complete stock 3.7. But was discontinued due to the lack of demand. Only if they waited longer to drop it.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is the article and remember it has an auto. So, ppl that have 5-spds like me will be looking at the 300 range. and get some exhaust done. Hughes ported TB for the 3.7, some good plugs and custom cams will make this kit really strong.

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only if i could find one!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I second that, I've been searching for months since I got my 04 in Sept of last year. And got nothing.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well now that the 3.7 is the base engine in the Dak's maybe Kennybell might bring back the blower for it. People just need to show that there is a demand for it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
00BlkDakSpt said:
There is the article and remember it has an auto. So, ppl that have 5-spds like me will be looking at the 300 range. and get some exhaust done. Hughes ported TB for the 3.7, some good plugs and custom cams will make this kit really strong.

is there a site where i can find the hughes ported throttle body? i`d be interested in this.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i emailed the and the responce that i got was very general did not answer my questions

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.