Are their any turbos for 97 3.9 V6 Dakotas? :fight:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nope. Have to fab your own.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
cant see why not. only problem is the computer, but you can contact the folks at krc about it. would try to puch too much into that 3.9. 6-8psi is about it. although for the money and aggrivation you may incur, the gain really wont be that much. figure 30-35% over what your making stock... 180+60-68 hp=240 to 248 or maybe 255hp. at the wheels your looking at roughly 160-175. so bac\sically the supercharger is taking up the slack that the trans eats up. a good rule of thumb is 35-38% power loss from the automatic, about 20-28% loss to the rear wheels for a manual. may be easier to swap in a 318, 360. then add your supercharger to that. would be killer! 350-425 hp or better depending on mods and computer program used, heades exhaust...so forth and so on. :banana2: :banana2: :drive:

·
Registered
69 Posts
since you modded yours up what exactly would i have to get in order to do this could you make us a list so i could put this in mind cause it is rediculus what krc wants for the s/c!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Realdeal, you should be able to boost the v6 just as much as the v8, maybe more. If you are not happy with a boosted v6, why would you be happy with a boosted mini-block v8? Just go with a boosted 528 and forget the little stuff.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here is the write up posted on my remote turbo install on the other Dakota site (hope that is ok to do SinCity). I can't see reposting it here as there is way to much bandwith in pictres and I am at a loss on the time to get it retyped over here. Hope this is what you are looking for...

Phil

http://dakotausa.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=25826

·
Registered
284 Posts
I should have put a better weld on it, but it was late ans I was getting run down. Once I took the grinder to it, the darn thing came out fairly nice. Besides it does not leak and you cant see it. :biggthump

·
Registered
55 Posts
themongrel said:
I should have put a better weld on it, but it was late ans I was getting run down. Once I took the grinder to it, the darn thing came out fairly nice. Besides it does not leak and you cant see it. :biggthump
Yo! I'm not dissing your ride with the "duck call" comment! :sorry: I'm serious... it makes it sound like you have a duck caught inside your truck. I did one on a friend's turbo last year. We couldn't stop laughing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i am so excited...i havent even finished my first project and now reading this i am going turbo...i always loved the sound of a grand national with the spooling of the turbo...i'm not building a race car so i am not gonna push pass 9 psi...

...but gotta finish my first project...m1, port polish heads, headers, fel pro 1008's...engine is apart...heads are ported...1008's get here tomm. and hope to be back on the street by thurs...

...bought a t4 turbo kit off ebay...has the turbo, waste gate and bov (9psi spring)...just need the other few misc parts...

...gave myself 1 week for the engine tear down...i am giving myself 1 month to fab this up... :banana2:

wonder if i'll be one of the first turbo Durangos...

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are definitely thinking outside the box... great!

I would say the prelube pump, pump 2, because the first pump has that weak faceplate over the pump rotor housing. The faceplate looks like it wants to rust.

Try this thread, http://www.dakotausa.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=25543 they discuss the installation of an STS remote turbo. See if you can snag the part # of their oil pump.

·
Chest Thumper
978 Posts
i hav e the oil pump that themongril said to pick up0. im selling it for 100$ + shipping. it cost 215 shipped. its brand new, i just took it out of the box. decided that i didint want to go a turbo route any more so now i have a blower and the bottles on its way

·
Registered
153 Posts
sent ya a pm slow...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow that is a killer price! I have almost 6,000 miles on mine since I put the turbo on and the oil pump is still going strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts