Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
i have a 2001 dakota quad cab, set up with a t70 turbo on a 4.7 5 speed. anyone interested the topic is under gen 3 dakotas under 4.7 turbo, but here's my link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/834664/1

· Registered
269 Posts
i have a dyno run and tuning schedualed on monday. I will post some numbers when i get it done. I plan on running 9 psi, no more tho.

· Registered
269 Posts
check out t4.7 turbo project under the gen III dakotas. I have my posted hp their with the dyno run graph

· Registered
269 Posts
thanx for the info. I have to send the turbo back to get repaired, at the same time its getting a t4 housing. I will try the 10 psi when i get it back togeather with the t4, the t3 is building to much heat to fast so i don't dare. should be back togeather soon. then another dyno pull will be done. i also am working on saving up to build a motor, from krc. i wanna run 20 -25 psi in the 4.7, just to say i did it

· Registered
269 Posts
the only problem with a turbo v's a supercharger. I'm hitting max boost by 3000 rpm in first gear. meaning 9 and also in 3rd gear from 1,000rpm, i hit 9 psi by 2,000. that gives me a problem of alot of heat and backpressure by the time i hit 5,000 or so, meaning i can't run the boost like a supercharger, tho my motor will get more out of it. The t4 going on instead of a t3 will lower temps in the motor, i'll feel safer then to run it harder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.