Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
neone know what type of #'s i'd put out with a t-70 on my 00 r/t ... j/w cause it's that or a supercharger.. idk which one ot go with ..

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Check out the links in the turbochargers and superchargers sections of this website's parts information area. There is a guy up in WA running a single turbo R/T, and there's a ton of supercharged R/T's. Expect about a 40% rwhp increase in power with a base unit power adder.

·
R/Tless...for now
2,640 Posts
Turbos can make some serious power, but are more of a custom setup for our trucks. I think the company that built Ed Morris' setup in WA is selling it as a kit now. Superchargers are a lil easier since kits have been available for some time and a lot of people are using them. Both have great potential, given your engine can handle it and you can tune it. Lots of variables, the two most important being how fast do you want to go and how much do you want to spend? :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have a 2001 dakota quad cab, set up with a t70 turbo on a 4.7 5 speed. anyone interested the topic is under gen 3 dakotas under 4.7 turbo, but here's my link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/834664/1

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
If he goes much more than that,.... the motor will blow up.

Paul
It all depends on the tune... IIRC Duner has been running 10-14# of boost just fine, the reason he's had engine rebuilds is because a secondary part went bad and caused problems rather than the block/pistons being unable to handle the power adder.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
It all depends on the tune... IIRC Duner has been running 10-14# of boost just fine, the reason he's had engine rebuilds is because a secondary part went bad and caused problems rather than the block/pistons being unable to handle the power adder.
14#s......holy geez, I didn't think he ever got that high. I remember hearing the 9 number thrown around a lot,... but I never heard anything above 10.... either that, or I guess I might not have remembered at all...*shrugs*

IMO.... any turbo setup you have, depends heavily on the QUALITY of your tune.

Paul

·
Registered
86 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
14#s......holy geez, I didn't think he ever got that high. I remember hearing the 9 number thrown around a lot,...
Remember, that's on race fuel though, I don't think he goes above 9 or so on pump gas...

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have a dyno run and tuning schedualed on monday. I will post some numbers when i get it done. I plan on running 9 psi, no more tho.

·
Registered
269 Posts
check out t4.7 turbo project under the gen III dakotas. I have my posted hp their with the dyno run graph

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just checked out the turbo post and again, great setup and numbers...

Just to comment on the +7psi

I ran 10psi for 20,000+miles never a problem. It was when the race gas went in and the boost got cranked to 16psi that problems arose with the stock pistons and rods. :biggthump

·
Registered
269 Posts
thanx for the info. I have to send the turbo back to get repaired, at the same time its getting a t4 housing. I will try the 10 psi when i get it back togeather with the t4, the t3 is building to much heat to fast so i don't dare. should be back togeather soon. then another dyno pull will be done. i also am working on saving up to build a motor, from krc. i wanna run 20 -25 psi in the 4.7, just to say i did it

·
Registered
269 Posts
the only problem with a turbo v's a supercharger. I'm hitting max boost by 3000 rpm in first gear. meaning 9 and also in 3rd gear from 1,000rpm, i hit 9 psi by 2,000. that gives me a problem of alot of heat and backpressure by the time i hit 5,000 or so, meaning i can't run the boost like a supercharger, tho my motor will get more out of it. The t4 going on instead of a t3 will lower temps in the motor, i'll feel safer then to run it harder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.