Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Anybody know of a turbo kit for the 5.2? i got a 97 that could use some boost. If not any commercial kits and one know of someone building kits for the 5.2? I really wish the STS turbo kit was making something for us mopar guys...

·
Registered
284 Posts
There was not a specific one for my 3.9. So I just bought the one for the LT1 Camaro. The only issue I had was remapping the computers fuel curves, but I did that with my "Superchips" programmer" and the MSD 6BTM boost controller/timing box. I also had to change some of the pipes that run from the turbo to my intake. Besides that all seems to be working well. I am looking to take pictures next week when the truck comes back from the shop (new interior being installed as we speak). I will post some when I get her back.

Also, now that I spent the $4k plus on it, I see that you can build you own Remote setup for half via ebay. You would need a T3 or T4 turbo, 2 1/2 " intercooler pipe to run up to the intake, silicone couplers. 2 1/2 exhaust pipe. Remote oil pump http://westech.home.mindspring.com/propages/scvpump.htm (looks like the one I have). K&N Filter, BOV, Wastegate and misc items like fittings and gauges. With this setup you would get about 7 lbs of boost and about 125 hp (rough guess) added for about 2 grand and you would not have to remap the system, just keep good gas, fresh oil, and new plugs and it should work well. Heck I should start selling these as complete kits, but then I would prob get sued. :wave:

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im really considering doing their universal kit, I just dont really have the experience or know how to put my own kit together. Really sucks STS is just leaving us mopar guys behind, Theres so many mopars that would perform awesome with this kit, not just the dakotas.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i emailed sts myself awhile back and got no reply. Oh wells, they won't want to please everyone i suppose. Going custom wouldn't be bad, as long as you can get the tuning right...as always, components are easy to come by but it's all about the tuning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Guys,

I new here but I just wanted to let you know that I just bought a STS kit for my 97 dakota. It will be put on in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
They making them now or did you do like me, buy one for a Chevy and refab it to work...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love mine, I just went over 2500 miles since the install with no issues. Thought I pushed an intake gasket out (vacumn leak), but it turned out to be a belt that went south and squeaked.

HP wise, I figure I got 125 to 150 extra (I only have a V6).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts