Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probely has been asked a thousand times, but do they make a turbo charger kit for the 3.7's yet and how much would one acually boost your horspower. Also, what is the 3.7's horsepower stock? I heard once that it was 210.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Stock HP on the 3.7 is 210. There is no Turbo kit's out for it as of now.

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
KRC Performance has Released or will be Releasing soon a Paxton kit for the 3.7.....

They have already Released a Paxton kit for the 05/06 Dakota with the 4.7, and I understand that the 3.7 kit was under developement at the same time.

KRC is also doing some Turbo developement work also, it's possible a Turbo may be on the way as well.

Here is a link to that site....

http://www.krcperformance.com/newcontent/home.html

·
gettin hearing aids by 30
781 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
KB discontinued due to the lack of sales. I would stay away from KRC about the 3.7 Paxton kit. Great guys but the price is going to run higher than the 05-06 Kit. IMO thats not, anyway you cut it, a deal. You get less horsepower for the same kit and you have to pay more money for it. I was pretty pissed due to the fact I had everything ready to order it. The price should be at least near the 3.9 kits. If you compare the 4.7, its in the price range of the 5.2/5.9 kits. So why isn't the 3.7 the same with the 3.9.(Price Range) If you have the funds and choose to throw is away its up to you. Personally, I will wait on some other company or just remote turbo mine. I'm already have a bit saved for the Challenger.

·
781 Posts
i know that the 3.7 is based off the 4.7, but would a kit for the 4.7 bolt up to the 3.7? why turn it down?

·
Registered
227 Posts
It wont just bolt right up. You have to modify the discharge tube. The engine sits back further. And of course the FMU would be different too. But all I was saying that KRC does have a kit for the 3.7. Its not listed on there sight you have to give them a call. My point was that the 3.7 is going to run you more $$$$ then the 05-06 4.7 kit. Just doesnt seem right that you pay more money then the V8 guys and get less HP.

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
As far as the 3.7 kit would go, I'm not completely sure you'd make less Hp than a comparable V8, you can turn the boost up on these from 6lbs to 9lbs without seriously risking the engines reliability..... and make the difference up!

My Blown 3.9 is pushing 9lbs Boost and laying more than 230 RWHP down which is about 290-300 at the Crank........ all on the stock shortblock and heads!

With a little Tuning, you can make as much Power as a V8 or possibly more and not have to worry about Blown Head Gaskets as much.

Another thing is, these kits are custom built to each customer application and will perform as promised, custom fitting the kit to a 3.7 may cost a few bucks, but a Blown V6 is a lot more unique than a Blown V8.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've talked to Marty and the 3.7 will be making less HP than the V8 verisons. Not a big different between the two. But a bit enough to ask for a better deal on the kit. Yes, you can turn the boost up to make up for it but so can the V8's. And you might not seriously be risking the engine that much but your still putting more strain on the stock engine and bottom end. I understand that you have to custom fit most the kits. I wish it just cost a few bucks less. However that was not the case when I spoke to the company. Also, they would be using less material. They need to cut down the size of the discharge tube. And wanted a least 100 bucks to do that. Its unique but like I stated before a stock 4.7 and stock 3.7 with the same kit running the same boost. The 8 has the upper had, yet I have to shell out more for less power and material used in the kit. Thats all I was stating.

·
781 Posts
do you know what the price the want for the 3.7 kit? and what kind of increase in HP does the 3.7 kit make?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Price is as follows

4.7L V-8 Paxton kit Satin $4800
4.7L V-8 Paxton kit Polished $4950
4.7L V-8 Paxton kit High Boost Kit $5400

3.7L V-6 Paxton kit Satin $4900
3.7L V-6 Paxton kit Polished $5050
3.7L V-6 Paxton kit High Boost Kit $5500

Power that was guranteed was a minimal of 90Hp to the rear wheels.

But they don't have anything on paper to back it up. Its all estimated. They never dynoed this kit.

·
781 Posts
thanks for the info

·
Registered
99 Posts
guehner said:
I know this probely has been asked a thousand times, but do they make a turbo charger kit for the 3.7's yet and how much would one acually boost your horspower. Also, what is the 3.7's horsepower stock? I heard once that it was 210.
Nope but the do make superchargers for it though!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.