Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got this truck in for a rear suspension redue. It features some aim garbage that will all be replaced with Quality components to ensure a trouble free ride.
This is what we started with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some of the workmanship before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start of the demo!

The frame damage was so much we decided to build a new rear clip.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Man that looks like it had some sh*t somewhat welded on there :cussing: ... thats sad you have to put a whole new rearend clip on there to fix the mess up from before..but now its gonna be sweet when you guys get done with it.. looks like some nice work you got going there ... :biggthump

·
Registered
73 Posts
alteredimage said:
actually it's mig.
Wow, thats pretty damn good. I've been welding for about a year and a half, getting better kind of slowly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new and old frame meet each other :kiss:

Axle set in place with upper bar cross mount installed.

Lower 4-link bars getting made.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Wow, thats impressive :biggthump Nice work!
Those old welds looked horrible :jawdrop:

But it looks to be solid when your done, nice Job! :clap2:

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Very Impressive work... Thats what I like to see... I gotta ask the stupid question Where the HELL are ya'll located? I checked the website and all... NOTHING

Love the cantilievered Shock deal. Though I gotta ask, is there functionality to it, or just cause it looked cool?

God, I hate seeing stuff like this, makes me wanna learn WTF I am doing somehow and do it for a living... It'd be SO MUCH better than "work"

Need Help!? :wave:

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Man that rocks!! I love seeing fab work like that!! Really wish i could do stuff like that, altho from the before pics, maybe i did weld before and didnt now it.. hahah now you know why those welds were so shitty! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MeanThree18 said:
Very Impressive work... Thats what I like to see... I gotta ask the stupid question Where the HELL are ya'll located? I checked the website and all... NOTHING

Love the cantilievered Shock deal. Though I gotta ask, is there functionality to it, or just cause it looked cool?

God, I hate seeing stuff like this, makes me wanna learn WTF I am doing somehow and do it for a living... It'd be SO MUCH better than "work"

Need Help!? :wave:
http://www.alteredimagecustom.com/Contact.html
The canti is functinal. double convoluted bags are made for a ratio of 2:1 in a 1;1 setting they ride horibale. By using the arm I was able to get the bag closer to it's 2:1 and produce a better ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WicKed R/T said:
Looks like some pretty impressive work you guys are doing to that truck. Oh one more thing, tell me you are going to replace the fuel tank with a, much better looking, fuel cell! :brick:
We built an encloser and mounts for the cell in the rear part of the frame he is saving up some $ to buy the cell and install it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Making the bag brackets and links.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts