Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this truck ran great when it was parked. Dad got ill enough he couldn't drive anymore. So it sat for atleast two years, never was driven because we dropped the insurance coverage on it. So today it started out with I was just going to sweep the leaves out of the bed. It turned into a full wash job, then vacuum and a wipe down of the interior. Then a drive to the grocery store. Then almost 80 miles driven.
As I was driving it with new gas and oil change it seemed to come to life. It no longer smokes upon start up, the valves have quieted down. No overheating, miss is gone, no pinging under a load. It's mechanical, mechanical things don't change. It all has to be in my head right?
IMG_8585.JPG

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
243 Posts
Great to hear it’s running well for you! Don’t know how that works but glad it does 🤷‍♂️ I really like that wheel and tire combo, when you get around to it get some automotive touch up or dupli color perfect match rattle cans to paint the front end, and wet sand the headlights to make them like new, and it’ll look great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear it’s running well for you! Don’t know how that works but glad it does 🤷‍♂️ I really like that wheel and tire combo, when you get around to it get some automotive touch up or dupli color perfect match rattle cans to paint the front end, and wet sand the headlights to make them like new, and it’ll look great!
I'll probably paint it "pull me over red" like everything else I own. Its what I have left over and the beauty of it is you can paint it a panel at a time. Here"s my other truck. Painted panel by panel, unfortunetly you can't do that with metallics. IMG_2428.JPG

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
243 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts