Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...so a few months ago my truck would have a hard time starting. It would crank over but stumble until I hit the gas pedal. Took it to my mechanic and had my 130k mile service done in which I had him clean my injectors but also had him check out this problem.

Turns out my fuel lines aren't holding the proper pressure which indicates it could be my fuel pump assembly. I trust and like my mechanic but he quoted me 800 bucks and I rather do it myself if I can.

So he told me to keep an eye on it because cleaning my injectors could actually have fixed the problem. It's only done it twice in two weeks so I'm not sure I'm convinced the fuel pump's going out. Just the other day I got stuck in some pretty deep snow and when I was trying to get "un-stuck" I heard this clicking sound coming from the driver side. It clicked about 5-7 times then stopped. The next day it did the same thing at a stop light.

Upon doing some research I've figured that it's the Evap Purge Solenoid. Now, could this be causing the problems with my starting my truck? It doesn't matter if it's warm or cold and it's very inconsistent ( the start up problem ) I haven't seen any check engine codes either.

Also, my truck is idling like shit, very firm shifts and a loss of power up until about 2500 rpm. I just ordered a 67mm throttle body from a guy on Ebay and I'm going to replace the IAC and TPS which I'm sure is also playing a part in this mess.

Sorry for the long post...just want to see if I even need to think about replacing the fuel pump. Especially since I don't have a garage and winter finally decided to show up here in Utah.

·
5 door whore #197
21 Posts
def could be purge solenoid, my old ladys car did the same thing. somtimes would start right up others, you would crank it like crazy till you juat tapped the gas, and she would start right up. up till the end it seemed to start doing it more after it was warmed up. but that fixed her prob.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool...I wonder how much of a bitch it is to replace?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts