Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I dont know a whole lot about these newer magnum engines. I was driving down to Sacramento yesterday, and about half way there, my check engine light come on. I have a '99 Durango 5.2L, by the way. So I drove back home, plugged in my Hypertech programmer and read the codes. One code was displayed, P0204..........Injector Circuit Malfunction Cyl. 4. What does this actually mean? I called the dealer this morning to see if it's something I can fix at home, the tech. said it's not a faulty injector, and that they'd have to look into it more. I dont have a warranty anymore, so the service is coming out of my pocket if it goes in. Help me out guys. PLEASE.

·
Registered
504 Posts
This may be as simple as a loose connection. Check the connector on top of #4 injector to make sure it is tight and the wires are not cracked, also check for corrosion on the leads. Be careful when you pull the connector off because they are very easy to break.

If the leads are corroded clean them off by using some very fine grit wet dry sand paper. Wipe off any residue then rub a thin coat of dielectric grease on the leads before installing the connector.

If this is not the fix then more then likely the problem is in the PCM. You mentioned that you used the Hypertech to check for codes. Have you changed the program in the PCM by using the Hypertech? If so go back to the stock settings and see if the problem is still there.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your take on this Mopar. I have used the Hypertech at the 87 octane. (California only gets 91 octane horse urine) Never had the problem before. I took it to the dealer today though, turns out, there was a TSB for that particular program. Dealer reflashed the comp. Runs like a raped ape now. I dont think I'll be running the Hypertech for a while though. I might just do some other mods. Thanks again Mopar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts