Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the old "on off on off on" trick and got some codes. I have searched here as well as other websites and I am getting conflicting information. here are the codes

P0300 - Random/Multiple cylinder misfire detected
P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire detected
P0306 - Cylinder 6 misfire detected

I thought this is what caused the check engine light to turn on so I changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires today and it runs much smoother.

There is also another code.

P1391 - Intermittent loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor.

Is this any concern? Should I reset the codes by unpluging the positive battery terminal and see if it returns? What should I do if it does?

Thanks,

LM

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
ya, reset the codes(unplug the last ECM plug) or swing by your local autoparts storethat has loaner code readers and clear them all.

the CPS is not that hard to replace(near teh distributor on the back of the block, pass side) and is ~$35 or so

·
auto tech
64 Posts
The crankshaft and camshaft sensors are actually what senses misfires so if you would have a bad crankshaft or camshaft sensor it could be setting false misfire codes. I think what I would do is clear codes and drive it if you get the same codes again I would probally replace the crankshaft sensor and see if that takes care of it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for the replies. After changing the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and driving it a few times the light went off. I'm sure the codes are still in there, but I am going to stop by some of the auto parts stores and see if they have a loaner to clear them.

Thanks again for your help,

LM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.