Me likey :biggthump Looks sharp

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
looking good man... :biggthump

·
Registered
406 Posts
So anychance you could give some simple instructions on how you did it, bomb it?...actual paint gun?...tapped just simple instruction

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alex said:
So anychance you could give some simple instructions on how you did it, bomb it?...actual paint gun?...tapped just simple instruction
Sure, used 3M adhesive remover I had laying aroudn to clean the lenses. ThenI just masked off the 3 sections on each with regular masking tap. Used a razor to get it nice and tight to the edges. Got a spray can of each from Autozone. primer, paint, and clear. They have all the color codes. Sanded the sections I wanted to be painted with 2000 grit wet/dry sand paper. cleaned and then put 2-3 coats primer.
let dry.
sand and clean.
3 coats paint. ( I let dry really well between coat 2 and 3 and wet sanded then did final coat.)
3 coats clear.

let dry for 4 days.
took tape off (razor helps)
then waxed and all done.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
turned out good

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
good job man. That is a cool mod, but it kind of reminds me of the stick on covers. it does look good on a black truck.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
mad props to ya man. now go to caswell.com order some vht niteshades paint... and tint thse tail lights..

or you can buy a can off me. i bought too many...lol

i have like 6 of them. sell it too ya for 5.oo....

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
i have like 6 of them. sell it too ya for 5.oo....
What Gen Truck are you talking Gen 3? My buddy in the Army in Texas wants a set for his R/T and he wants me to "candy" them for him...

Lemme Know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts