Dakota Durango Forum banner

Have you had this problem and gotten it fixed?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Double buck, Dak 5.9L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 dodge dakota R/t 5.9. Almost a year ago it started revving high from 1st gear into second as well as the other gears up into overdrive. Only way it will shift is if I get off of the gas then it'll shift immediately. I've replaced both solenoids inside the trans pan, replaced shifter cable to trans. I've read quite a few different threads on here with people having the same problem. Has anyone actually gotten theirs fixed and what did they do to fix it??!!! Most of the time I see in these threads that there is an issue of the vehicle wanting to go into park I have the same issue but not concerned with having to place the truck in neutral to start it. I would like to know if anyone successfully has gotten their timely shifts back so everyone can all start to enjoy their 5.9s again without having to buy a new trans. Also, since this is a huge problem with a lot of these trannys why hasn't Dodge issued a recall and get them fixed, clearly it has to be how they was manufactured since so many cases of the exact same thing. Any good input is extremely welcomed, especially if you know the fix to this mess!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts