Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post here, I just bought a 99 Durango 4x4 with the 360 and 98K miles yesterday. I went on my first long trip today and I noticed something odd.

With the cruise set at 80, the tach would bounce about 100 RPM (one tick) every minute or so. I slowed down to 70 and it did the same thing. It seems like the lockup in the torque converter is slipping when throttle position changes.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there an easy adjustment or should I take it back to the dealer to have the tranny looked over (it has a 3 month 3000 mile warranty)

Thanks,
Joe H

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am not very knowledgable about that, but if you have the warranty i don't see where it would hurt to take it in and tell them what happened and see what they say. I mean, it's not like it will cost you anything to have them look at it. You may as well take advantage of the warranty... that is what it is there for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), located on the throttle body, probably needs to be either cleaned or replaced. It might help to clean the throttle body too.
Good luck.
Tom

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TPS sensor

I agree.I replaced mine and the same problem went away.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the exact same problem with my 2K Durango. I went to autozone and bought a new TPS and the problem went away. From what I hear the Durango's usually need these replaced or cleaned every 30K.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts