Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my linkage is bent to hell i think... my pt 4x4 light dont light up and niether does the 4 low, only the ft 4x4 lights up but it feels like its stuck in pt 4x4 and when i put it in 4 low it pops out i got to wrestle with it to get it to stay. anyone know wat could be wrong is there sensor or something that might be bad or would it be the linkage

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
From what it seems, Dodge has been a hit and miss with the working 4x4 light. I've had two different NV231 transfercase in my truck, and one light up and the other didn't. I'm pretty sure it's the little switch inside that detecs whether or not it's in. If that's replaced, the light should work again.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
What year is your truck? I assume it's an 02 by your screen name.

If it's a 2000 or older, there's a little electronic detector which senses when the shifter fork has been engaged in 4wd or not. If you're is, then it should just be that.

If it's a 2001+ then I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with those transfercases or types of actuators. It could be within the actuators, or actually have a seperate detector.

It seems as this is a VERY common problem with this platform, and should be addressed to Diamler-Chrysler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.