Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 dodge dakota 4x4 5.2 nv3500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after putting my transfer case back in it feels like it won’t shift into 4L. i can feel it click into 2H, 4H and neutral is nothing obviously, but i can’t get it into 4L. the truck is off the ground on jack stands right now but i doubt that would affect it. when i took the transfer case out all i undid was the one nut that slides over the slotted stud on the transfer case. my transfer case is a 231HD if that makes any difference

·
Registered
32 Posts
after putting my transfer case back in it feels like it won’t shift into 4L. i can feel it click into 2H, 4H and neutral is nothing obviously, but i can’t get it into 4L. the truck is off the ground on jack stands right now but i doubt that would affect it. when i took the transfer case out all i undid was the one nut that slides over the slotted stud on the transfer case. my transfer case is a 231HD if that makes any difference
Is there a chance your shift linkage could be “1 off” and is reaching the end of its travel prior to reaching 4L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 dodge dakota 4x4 5.2 nv3500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a chance your shift linkage could be “1 off” and is reaching the end of its travel prior to reaching 4L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it certainly could be! that crossed my mind but i wasn’t sure how to go about fixing that and finding out where to put it. one thing to note is that it appears to feel the same from 2H all the way to neutral because i have that slight side to side movement where the diagram says N is before trying to put it into 4L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts