Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all I've got a problem and not quite sure whats goin on. I have an 02 R/T single cab Dakota with 55000 miles. here we go i pull out onto the street, i mat the the pedal and i take off, the tach hits 5300 and she wont shift, it hits the rev limiter, so i get out of the gas and let shift then get back to the mat and it begans to climb again in second and then poof it "jumps" out of grear as if it were in neutrel, again i back off and it shifts into third. its done it for a while and im tired of messn with it anyone have any ideas ive done fluid and filter natta?
thanks for the help Razor

·
Registered
47 Posts
x2 - Drop the pan and look for metal.
If no metal or black goop in pan, adjust the bands, put in fresh fluid and filter.
While you're in there, replace the governor pulse solenoid and pressure/temp sensor.
These sensors will often cause the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds like the band is slipping, adjust it and see if that helps. You don't even have to drop the pan to adjust the intermediate one that applies second gear.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
sounds like the torque converter is slipping or a band is slipping. see if adjusting the bands helps first. kinda reminds me of an r/t video on youtube with the same tranny issue. as far as it holding first to long thats prolly the TV cable out of adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts